Dosing and administration.
OLINVYK™ (oliceridine) injection is available in 1 mg and 2 mg vials for bolus dosing and a 30 mg vial for patient-controlled analgesia (PCA).
- 1-2 mg loading dose
- 1-3 mg supplemental dose every 1-3 hours as needed
- 1.5 mg loading dose
- 0.35 mg or 0.5 mg demand dose as needed
- 6 min lockout interval
No Dosage Adjustment Required
- Patients with renal impairment
- Patients with mild or moderate hepatic impairment
Cumulative daily dose should not exceed 27 mg
*In an open-label safety study in patients with moderate to severe acute postoperative pain, OLINVYK was administered via clinician-administered bolus dosing, PCA, or a combination of the two (N=768).
Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals.
- OLINVYK is for intravenous administration only
- OLINVYK can be administered by a healthcare provider with an initial dose of 1.5 mg
- Draw OLINVYK directly from the vial into the PCA syringe or IV bag without diluting
- Do not administer single doses greater than 3 mg
- Refrigeration and reconstitution not required
Onset of analgesic effect was almost immediate(median 1-3 minutes) after the initial dose†
†In a fixed-dose bunionectomy trial (N=192), perceptible pain relief was achieved in the majority of patients within 5 minutes of the first dose.
INITIAL DOSING CONVERSION
1 mg OLINVYK ≈ 5 mg IV morphine‡
‡Based on data collected in clinical studies, an initial 1 mg dose of OLINVYK is approximately equipotent to 5 mg IV morphine. As individual patients differ in their response to opioid drugs, this comparison should be used only as a guide.
Additional dosage and administration informationis available in the full Prescribing Information.
IV=intravenous; PCA=patient-controlled analgesia.